- This event has passed.
Time to Talk
October 6, 2020 @ 18:00 - 19:30 CESTFree – NOK100
The UN reports that 1 in 3 women worldwide have experienced either physical and/ or sexual intimate partner violence or sexual violence by a non-partner (not including sexual harassment). Sexual violence is one of the most common problems we have as a global society, and we do not address it nearly enough. Join us in our very first dialogue with our guest Munira Mariama Makarov as we tackle sexual violence, resilience and the importance of speaking up.
About the series:
Time to Talk is a series hosting a variety of topics too often neglected or avoided in our society. As an organization that aims to create the future we want now, Manifold believes we must start doing the work and create an environment where nothing is off the table. Together, we want to cultivate knowledge and awareness and tackle issues head-on to find solutions.
About our guest:
Meet Munira Makarow. Munira is a creative mother of two. She is a published artist, poet and painter. She is also the recent recipient of the Voices of African Women (VAW) most supportive of other women awards.
Her greatest passion is to support and uplift women regardless of where in life’s journey they are. Munira is an instructor in various Courses, Flexid (flexible identity) being among the current courses she takes to support youth with multicultural upbringing and flexible identities.
Munira works as a part-time interpreter. She is the voice behind THI (Tverr Kulturell Helse Info), a piece of cross-cultural health information on the Corona Virus videos in the Somali language. Munira has suffered from chronic autoimmune disease from a very young age, but that hasn’t stopped her from being an advocate for survivors of rape.
For years, she has raised awareness about sexual violence, rape, and abuse through her social media platforms and her art. Previous to that, she has travelled across Norway and many countries working tirelessly to break the taboo of speaking up. Munira uses her art to speak up from a survivor’s perspective.
Max attendees: 20
This event is free for HerSpace members.
*To reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection, we are taking precautions to keep participants safe and decrease exposure to the virus.
Before attending this event, please be aware of the following rules:
- Only participants who have purchased a ticket beforehand are able to attend, in order to help us ensure having a safe number of people in our space at any time.
- Please wash your hands or use antibacterial solution for at least 20 secs when you arrive at HerSpace.
- Please keep a minimum of 1-meter distance to all persons and wear a mask when that is not possible.
- Shared equipment, including yoga mats, paint brushes, toys, will be disinfected directly after use. However, we encourage you to bring your own materials if possible.
- Please be safe and stay at home if you feel unwell. Send us an email and your ticket can be applied to another upcoming event.