- This event has passed.
#IamRemarkable: A Google Initiative Empowering Women
November 26, 2020 @ 18:00 - 19:30 CET
This event will be moved online.
We are excited to invite you to attend the #IamRemarkable workshop.
#IamRemarkable is a Google initiative empowering women and underrepresented groups to speak openly about their accomplishments in the workplace and beyond, thereby breaking modesty norms and glass ceilings. In this interactive session, you will participate in group discussions and exercises to develop the confidence and skills to promote yourself effectively.
Check out more at https://iamremarkable.withgoogle.com/
During the 90 min #IamRemarkable workshop we will:
● Share data and research regarding self promotion and unconscious bias
● Go through the main exercise to help you articulate your achievements and practice self promotion
● Have a discussion and share take home exercises.
This program aims to:
1. Improve the motivation and self-promotion skills of women and underrepresented groups
2. Change social perceptions and refresh the conversation around self-promotion.
About our facilitator:
Astrid Sundberg is Chief HR Officer at Shortcut who are the tech innovators behind numerous mobile apps within the Nordic market. She started out her career in the 1990´s recruitment sector specialising in STEM professions and it was from this arena she has cultivated an interest in the area of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.
As a leader, Astrid is focused on putting people first and has helped grow companies from small start ups to successful global businesses. Her passion for the employee experience plays a big role in her motivation for the human resources field and she is a speaker and contributor to topics such as Wellness, Employee Mental health, gender equality and company culture.
Astrid is a Scandi-Brit and self confessed clumsy clot, whose skills include plant whisperer and mother of 3 small humans, who she has co-created with her tech geek husband of 4 years. If she wasn’t in HR + Talent management, her dream job would be to judge talent competitions because she loves literally anything related to dance, music and the performing arts.
Free for the first five to register!
Max attendees: 15
This event is free for HerSpace and Africa Connect members.
*To reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection, we are taking precautions to keep participants safe and decrease exposure to the virus.
Before attending this event, please be aware of the following rules:
- Only participants who have purchased a ticket beforehand are able to attend, in order to help us ensure having a safe number of people in our space at any time.
- Please wash your hands or use antibacterial solution for at least 20 secs when you arrive at HerSpace.
- Please keep a minimum of 1-meter distance to all persons and wear a mask when that is not possible.
- Shared equipment, including yoga mats, paint brushes, toys, will be disinfected directly after use. However, we encourage you to bring your own materials if possible.
- Please be safe and stay at home if you feel unwell. Send us an email and your ticket can be applied to another upcoming event.