- This event has passed.
Doing the Work: A Space for White People Working Against Racism
October 8, 2020 @ 18:00 - 19:30 CESTFree – 100kr
Know your history, know your present.
October 8th marks the beginning of Black History Month Norway.
Our session next Thursday is divided in two: first, we’ll delve into myths that enable racism (eg “migration is a new phenomenon in Norway, so we’re not used to people who are different from us”) and explore some moments from Black Norwegian history with activist and champion for diversity and inclusion, Rahwa Yohaness. She is the founder of Manifold Norway. Second, we will go through the basics of adding and editing a wikipedia article, so that you can add an important Black Norwegian person to our shared annals. Bring a laptop, tablet or smartphone, and your curious mind.
You do not need to have attended previous sessions to join us for this one.
Max attendees: 20
This event is free for HerSpace members.
*To reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection, we are taking precautions to keep participants safe and decrease exposure to the virus.
Before attending this event, please be aware of the following rules:
- Only participants who have purchased a ticket beforehand are able to attend, in order to help us ensure having a safe number of people in our space at any time.
- Please wash your hands or use antibacterial solution for at least 20 secs when you arrive at HerSpace.
- Please keep a minimum of 1-meter distance to all persons and wear a mask when that is not possible.
- Shared equipment, including yoga mats, paint brushes, toys, will be disinfected directly after use. However, we encourage you to bring your own materials if possible.
- Please be safe and stay at home if you feel unwell. Send us an email and your ticket can be applied to another upcoming event.